As PR Executive, you will be responsible for implementing and managing my client’s proactive communication strategies across all channels for Retail, Business Finance and corporate affairs and executing on them. You will play a strong role in maintaining our excellent reputation and to ensure that our brand portrays our culture, values, products and services effectively.
You will provide guidance on media and ensure our on-line presence is perceived as distinctive and professional. You will be an excellent writer who is able to adapt their style to the situation and audiences, with the ability to create business stories that resonate with our customers and stakeholders.
You will get to know the needs of the senior business team and translate our story into compelling communication plans that will meet our strategic objectives and position us for the future.
You will be digitally savvy and be a strong writer who is able to deliver key messages and corporate positioning in easily digestible formats.
Managing agency support, you will also work closely with key internal stakeholders such as executives, marketing, and business managers to deliver strong results, as well as monitor and report our activity.
You will drive news, thought leadership and market commentary campaigns and, critically, you will be a key media contact for the Bank.
As PR Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Protecting my client’s reputation through effective media handling, as well as advising the business on issues management and approach to business and industry topics.
- Reviewing my client’s digital communications, including websites and social media use – analysing purpose and quality potential commercial opportunities.
- Producing engaging marketing material for client marketing and stakeholder meetings.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all key media who have or should have an interest in my client.
- Devising and implementing PR campaigns to support business areas.
- Supporting the development of the media relations strategy.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to help raise their profile and build campaigns to support their business areas.
- Providing counsel to internal stakeholders on key industry issues.
- Developing a media programme specifically aimed at highlighting the Bank’s products, services and media spokespeople.
- Working closely and collaborative with the wider Communications team.
To be considered for the role, you will:
- Have experience of PR within Financial Services and be confident in their ability to deliver on my client’s story in the media.
- Have excellent written skills to craft press releases, articles and speeches
- Proven experience of engaging with senior executives and the ability to influence internal stakeholders.
- Ability to translate complex business issues into messaging that resonates with external audiences.
- Be able to respond to competing demands both at a strategic and tactical level.
- Meticulous attention to detail and can deliver multiple streams of activities for a diverse range of business functions and stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level would be advantageous.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.