Our client, a global leader in financial services, are looking for a Media Relations Manager to work as part of a busy in-house Media Relations Team.
What you’ll do
- Implement the group PR strategy, working closely with the media relations team and directly with the Head of Media Relations
- Working as a media relations adviser with their heads of marketing across the business to ensure the PR strategy is aligned with their business priorities and strategic capabilities
- Manage their global PR agencies
- Manage press programmes for key senior investment and distribution spokespeople
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining key UK national business, UK trade press contacts
- Work with the media relations team to drive a collaboration approach, working on projects and sharing knowledge
- Ensure the governance including media training, compliance framework process and procedures are followed
- The job holder has responsibility for ensuring that the output of all press releases and investment commentary are of both a high quality and accurate.
- 7+ years’ experience media relations experience, either in-house or in consultancy
- Financial services experience in media relations
- Experience of working as a journalist would be beneficial
- Degree qualification (would be beneficial)
- Asset Management media relations experience (would be beneficial)
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- A critical thinker who’s able to look at stories and pick out key messages
- Excellent written and verbal English skills, understanding how nuances can influence communications
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.