£33,000 - £35,000
5 months ago
A global consumer business located in Bracknell is seeking a PR and Events Manager on a permanent basis.
Sitting in a wider corporate communications team of 25 and reporting into the Head of Department, the successful candidate will have the responsibility of owning the PR and events schedule for a specific area of the business. The hiring manager is ideally looking for a specialist in both PR and Events, though would consider someone from either of these backgrounds respectively.
The post holder will be required to gain positive press coverage, manage events (both internally and externally), manage communications agencies and support the Head of Department in developing the communications strategy. This is an exciting role in a friendly, close-knit and well-respected team, which will enable the successful candidate to learn and develop their communications and events skills.
- Accountable for all media relationship management providing exceptional stakeholder management with both industry and outside media to create a positive public brand image for the business and department
- Supported by the Department Manager, create all PR messaging for the department which will be included in press releases, speeches, press kits, crisis communications, Q&A’s and statements.
- Be the first point of contact for journalists, media, public and stakeholders.
- Working with the Department Manager, create a plan for launches and model changes at which you will host influential media, influencers and opinion formers.
- Ownership of a small product fleet and the associated budget. You will manage the fleet to deliver maximum commercial gains, always ensuring products are in prime position to generate maximum media value.
- Delivery of consumer and internal events (for example, RHS Flower Shows, Southampton Boat Show, Ideal Home Show, Dealer conferences)
- Pre-event you will be accountable for writing detailed event proposals to gain buy in from senior stakeholders on ROI, timings, venues, suppliers and budgets. Post event you will be responsible for compiling the event de-brief to evaluate performance against objectives.
- Manage agencies, venues and supplier relationships required to activate PR and events.
- Manage the PR and Events budget and associated KPI’s and performance measures.
- Track record of securing positive coverage.
- Experience of owning and executing consumer and internal events.
- Outstanding communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- A people person and strong influencer able to impart information onto a range of personalities.
- Extremely well organised, able to plan and manage several diverse tasks at once.
- Budget management.
- Openness to flexible working as this role will require weekend working, evening entertaining and some travel.