One of the UKs leading challenger brands within the retail banking sector, requires a Policy and Public Affairs Manager.
As Policy and Public Affairs Manager you will protect, defend and enhance the bank’s reputation with its key external stakeholders, including policy makers, government, consumers groups and third parties.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively promote the bank– identifying potential stories, news hooks and opportunities for campaigns
- Raise brand awareness and amplify the bank’s USPs
- Position the bank as a growth retailer and banking disruptor.
- Create campaigns that help the business reach its commercial and operational objectives
- Manage complaints sent to the bank by an MP or consumer groups
- Research and write speeches, briefings and presentations
- Organise and attend as necessary: meetings, visits and events.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Policy and public affairs
- Issues management
- Campaigning experience
- Strong network of contacts in Westminster and devolved governments
- Understanding of regulated environments
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.