over 1 year ago
An opportunity has arisen for a smart and dynamic media relations professional in a unique organisation set to drive a mass behaviour change programme across the UK. This high-profile engagement programme is a government initiative supported and funded by industry. The role requires someone who is used to dealing with high-level, reactive media relations and effective crisis and issues management. This is a fast-paced, exciting organisation on a mission to change the way the UK thinks about energy and this role will play a key part its success.
- Establish strong working relationships with a variety of media
- Handle difficult and sometimes negative media enquiries ensuring crisis communications plans are followed and inaccuracies are rebutted
- Work closely with the Public Affairs & Policy and the wider Corporate Affairs teams
- Produce high-quality and engaging media materials
- Manage social media accounts
- Take part in 24 hour on-call rota
Skills and Experience
- Track record of media handling including high-profile/front page news
- Experience in a busy press office or journalism role is essential
- Ability to work independently and grasp complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Sound understanding of social media and how it works in a press office
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.