Are you a confident media handler, regularly working with National journalists on crisis and issues management? Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the media landscape and a keen eye for reactive media opportunities?
My client is looking for a News Manager to join their Corporate Affairs team working in a busy press office managing one of the most high-profile and pressing issues of today. It’s a great place to work and friendly and supportive team.
- Establish good working relationships with a wide range of media
- Respond quickly and robustly to reactive media requests
- Produce high quality news materials and content
- Manage broadcast interview bids including briefing senior colleagues
- Plan for and manage crisis communications
- Work closely with public affairs colleagues to integrate plans and identify opportunities
- Deputise for Head of News and manage external agencies
- Experience gained in busy press office with strong crisis and issues management
- Strong evidence of building relationships with National news journalists
- Excellent news sense
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working on integrated campaigns
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.