£45000 to £55000
3 months ago
Are you a confident media handler, regularly working with National journalists on crisis and issues management? Do you have an in-depth knowledge of the media landscape and a keen eye for reactive media opportunities?
My client is looking for a News Manager to join their Corporate Affairs team working in a busy press office managing one of the most high-profile and pressing issues of today. It’s a great place to work and friendly and supportive team.
- Establish good working relationships with a wide range of media
- Respond quickly and robustly to reactive media requests
- Produce high quality news materials and content
- Manage broadcast interview bids including briefing senior colleagues
- Plan for and manage crisis communications
- Work closely with public affairs colleagues to integrate plans and identify opportunities
- Deputise for Head of News and manage external agencies
- Experience gained in busy press office with strong crisis and issues management
- Strong evidence of building relationships with National news journalists
- Excellent news sense
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working on integrated campaigns