£28,500 - £33,500
6 months ago
Are you a communications specialist looking to take the next step? Our client – a large co-owned construction firm based in Croydon – is looking for a creative, imaginative and collaborative communicator to help spread the word about their news and achievements across their media and social channels.
This opportunity would be great for enthusiastic Media Relations focused communications specialists, with particular strengths and success in traditional and social media – who can bring together all the necessary elements to sell a story or develop and create social content.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and developing news announcements, with responsibility for taking them through all stages including: initiating/researching/writing/editing; securing internal and customer approvals; coordinating distribution plans; communicating internally and externally; and corporate website and social channels
- Plan, create and develop content for social media campaigns
- Handle enquiries from national/international, regional and trade journalists and build long-lasting relationships
- Research forward features/media opportunities and sell in to journalists
- Monitor media and social media, share content and help evaluate its reach and effectiveness
Required for the role:
- Strong writing (UK English) and editing capabilities
- Experience of working in a busy press office or public relations agency, preferably in a B2B environment and ideally for a professional services company
- Record of developing relationships with journalists from wide sections of the media and successfully placing stories.
- Used social media and internet blogs to deliver messages and thought leadership articles
- Experience in media planning, monitoring and report writing – experience of press release distribution and monitoring systems would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with a range of people, from graduate engineers to senior leaders
- First class planning and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to generate ideas, take initiative, self-motivate and work well in a team.
- Our client requires 2-3 examples of your written work. If you apply for this role please be sure to have these prepared as the recruiter will request these upon receipt of your CV.
If that sounds like you and you’re up for a challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.