A leading global law firm is looking for a Media Relations Manager to join its litigation practice whose areas of expertise include intellectual property, employment and arbitration. You’ll be joining a team of three other professionals and report into the Senior Media Relations Manager. Key responsibilities include developing the media relations strategy for specific practice groups, and while the role is based in London, you will be a point of contact for international colleagues who require comms advice and direction in relation to these practice groups.
- Work with key stakeholders to plan, execute, track and evaluate the media relations strategy and activities for the litigation and tax practices
- Write media releases and other newsworthy content for the website and journalists
- Write media briefing sheets and organise interviews and media roundtables and report monthly and quarterly to the business on activity and outputs
- Drive tactical news as well as longer term thought leadership and market commentary campaigns
- Support the media relations team with ongoing requests
- Advise on and execute the external communications for their social mobility strategy
- Work closely with internal comms, digital and creative services teams to coordinate the profile of the practices and its successes internally and externally
- Organise, attend and offer advice on media training for key spokespeople
- Prepare awards submissions with the BD team and help to coordinate presence at awards ceremonies
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple requests, prioritise and act quickly to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter and a keen consumer of news to be able to proactively identify and sell-in commentary opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure and provide support and advice when managing potentially negative publicity
- Ability to plan and implement global PR campaigns, as well as track and evaluate activity
- Be seen as a trusted adviser
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.