£50,000 - £65,000
12 months ago
Media Relations & Social Media Manager: Global Thought-Leadership & Research
Are you a corporate media relations/social media specialist looking for your next challenge? Do you love selling in innovative thought-leadership and cutting edge research?
My client is a global professional services organisation looking for a corporate media relations manager to join their award winning global team. If you have global experience and an ability to make the complex simple and engaging this role could be for you!
Working with leaders and experts in the organisation you will lead the media relations and social media strategy for key firm-wide projects including CEO & CFO Comms, Women in Leadership, Geostrategic & Macroeconomic programs and purpose-led business / sustainability to name a few.
Positioning my client as a leading voice in business and global current affairs you will secure media coverage and exposure in key markets and countries. You will also act as the media advisor to the program leaders and have expertise in all of the elements of the PR mix including creating engaging social media strategies. Strong writing skills with track record of building great relationships with the media is essential.
- Strategic external communications advisor to the programs team and associated senior leaders
- Position all program and leadership as experts on key industry issues and hot topics by placing op-eds/comment pieces and pitching reports
- Create media relations strategies and plans for specific programs, thought-leadership, events, and research reports
- Prepare press releases and other media materials for launches of global surveys, studies and campaigns; create content that builds engagement with the global media relations network
- Manage the social media profile for key sector leaders
- Work across time zones and communicate regularly with the global PR network
- Work as part of an integrated agile team as needed to support key firm-wide projects
- Support global media relations director with all PR and social media monitoring and metrics reports
- Ability to track and use the global news agenda to proactively develop opportunities for comment or for pitching reports
- Ability to work with a wide range of senior leaderships and to develop opportunities to position them in traditional and social media
- Proven ability to create media relations plans for launches of global surveys, studies and campaigns
- Strong writer with ability to create content that builds engagement with the global media relations network
- Skilled in using social media channels to influence and engage key audiences
- Confidence and ability to advise and influence senior level leaders and experts
- Good existing relationships with producers at broadcast media (including CNBC, Bloomberg, CNN and BBC World) and general business and markets writers