£75,000 - £90,000
over 1 year ago
Are you a proactive media relations professional looking for your next opportunity in Financial Services? Do you love generating impactful coverage to enhance and protect reputation?
My client is looking for a (senior) Media Relations Manager to act as a deputy and lead media relations in this global financial services group. With a focus on investment banking you will promote and protect the bank’s reputation in the EMEA region.
Working in a small, friendly team with a great reputation in the business you will be proactive in generating first class media coverage as well as handling crisis and issues as they arise.
Significant experience driving proactive media relations in financial services and preferably investment banking is essential!
- Developing and enhancing relationships with key journalists
- With team, manage PR agencies across the EMEA region
- Contribute to planning, drafting and executing communications strategy
- Secure positive and reputation enhancing media coverage
- Plan and execute crisis communications and issues management
- Integrate digital engagement and social media with traditional media strategies
- Work closely with partners in legal and compliance to ensure robust governance processes
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience planning and executing media relations strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to deliver and communicate complex messaging in clear and concise manner
- Have the confidence and ability to build trust and influence very senior leaders
- Strong interest and knowledge in political and economic issues and financial markets
- Strong news sense and judgement
- Experience working in a busy and proactive agency or press office is essential
Extensive experience working in financial services and investment banking is essential