£34000 - £39000 + Package
about 2 years ago
This health professional membership body, which sits at the very heart of healthcare provision in the UK, is looking for a Media Officer to join its national press office. This organisation speaks for its members at all stages of their careers and is a leading voice on a wide range of professional and political issues affecting medicine and health.
As Media Officer, you will support the media team in providing a timely, high-quality and professional media service to ensure that the organisation is represented in the media on key aspects of health policy and issues concerning the medical profession. In addition, this role will include some specific responsibility for the promotion of the business, its policies and communications activity in regional media.
It is an exciting and challenging to be joining this organisation helping to shape the debate and the future of healthcare. Therefore the successful candidate will ideally possess the following;
- Good understanding of health-related issues and policy and the challenges and opportunities facing the health and other public sectors
- Previous experience in journalism, media relations or PR, ideally at a regional level and with a membership organisation
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate with diplomacy and awareness of the organisation's political agenda in terms of media relations and influence on others
- Good news sense and judgement and ability to interpret often complex information and know what makes a story newsworthy and relevant
- An understanding of the impact of media and external communications on reputation management and how to manage associated risks
If the above sounds like you? Or you would like to find out more? Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 020 7436 4243 to find out more.