Up to £25,000
about 2 years ago
A leading trade association is looking for a Media & Stakeholder Relations Executive to join their Corporate Affairs team. Reporting to the Media Relations Advisor, this is a great opportunity to be involved in interesting and topical campaigns and to put your effective stakeholder management and superb communications skills into effect.
As Media & Stakeholder Relations Executive, you will:
- Raise my client’s profile, credibility and influence with key internal, member and external stakeholder groups.
- Develop productive and trusted relationships with member press office teams.
- Lead on reputational risks to my client and its members, communicating this effectively to stakeholders.
- Support the communications team to manage the day-to-day media relations activities of the Corporate Affairs team, ensuring timely, salient responses to media enquiries, help with the monitoring, journalist management and press releases.
- Support the communications team in its social and digital media
- Supporting the Corporate Affairs Team to develop and maintain a proactive communications grid enabling it to coordinate all of its external communications and stakeholder influencing efforts to maximum effect.
- Take part in the Corporate Affairs team on-call rota for out-of-hours member, media and stakeholder contact. This means responding to media and other calls during evenings, weekends, bank holidays and when the office is closed for the Christmas and New Year holiday
Skills and Knowledge
- A superb communicator verbally and visually, with a strong feel for original storytelling and developing compelling and creative narratives
- A reliably ‘can-do’ individual with a passion for news and current affairs, agile and willing to make news happen
- A strong, creative writer with a strong grasp of English style and grammar and an ability to flex that style for different audiences
- Able to demonstrate experience of operating in a multichannel communications environment
- Have at least 12 months experience of working in media, press, PR or digital content.
- An organised, efficient co-ordinator of multiple activities and tasks, with the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- A trusted and pro-active team player, supporting team colleagues in driving a culture of constant improvement
Do get in touch today for more information or apply now if this role ticks all the boxes – this is a great opportunity not to be missed!