almost 2 years ago
A leading design and engineering firm is seeking a Marketing Manager for its Global Rail business. Reporting both to the Group CMO and the Leader of the Global Rail business, this key role will be responsible for building the organisation’s reputation in the market place, strengthening client relationships and creating strong internal communities to ensure their global workforce is engaged, inspired and motivated.
The successful candidate will require a strong understanding of the global railway industry – from governments through to the supply chain, including contractors, manufacturers and competitors. You will engage with regional rail business leaders in the development of business strategies and opportunities and turning these into new work. Strong, effective internal and external communications skills are a pre-requisite, as is the ability to build solid working relationships within the firm to affect our position in the marketplace.
Furthermore, you will be expected to help develop and lead several thematic marketing programmes that extend the firm’s reputation around a specific topic, for example, the practical implications of new mobility business models for cities, how transport can help deliver the UN Sustainable Development Goals, or how new approaches to integrating housing and transport can deliver better cities as well as more affordable transport infrastructure.
- Develop a strategic marketing plan together with the Global and Regional Rail business leaders, in support of agreed short and long term goals
- Competitor analysis and monitoring
- Establish and manage a Key Account Management strategy and approach
- Review new propositions and advise on appropriate marketing and business development tactics
- Build the organisation’s external profile by identifying and targeting key influencers, press and media relations, winning awards, securing high profile speaking slots and creating impactful thought-leadership programmes
- Develop and implement a cohesive internal communications programme to equip all employees with the messages and confidence to tell and share our story in Rail.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree qualified (marketing-specific, or business with marketing, engineering with business – or similar relevant degree such as journalism or strategic communications)
- Ideally CIM Professional Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing qualified and a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM) or a Member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) – but not required if appropriate professional experience can be demonstrated
- Good commercial awareness
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Strong communication, advanced writing and organisational skills
- Effective team-builder with an ability to make connections, build relationships and work collaboratively
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple activities and work under pressure.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.