£80,000 - £90,000
11 months ago
A global mining company with head offices based in London are seeking a multi-skilled Marketing Communi-cations Lead to join their Marketing Business Unit team based in Central London.
The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of the company’s equity and third-party products and services. The Marketing Communications Lead will play a critical part in positively engaging colleagues, customers, the media and other stakeholders who shape the organisation’s reputation.
In this role you will develop and deliver global customer, marketing and employee communications and en-gagement strategies, plans, campaigns, channels and content that enhance our client’s reputation and di-rectly support the delivery of the Marketing Business Unit’s strategy.
• Initiate working relationships beyond immediate team, fostering cross-commodity collaboration and synergies for the Marketing BU.
• Lead by example to embed the Marketing behaviours as the way the Marketing BU works together.
• Develops and delivers (and measures effectiveness of) strategic customer communication plans and campaigns that support each of the commodity marketing, market development and customer strategies.
• Leads large business critical customer events.
• Supports development and design of market and customer branding materials
• Manages and drives delivery of key marketing projects
• Leads the development and delivery of customer value proposition to customers and other partners
• Identifies and addresses matters of current and potential media and market interest related to Mar-keting’s customer facing activities
• Leads creation, suitability and consistency of communication content and messaging for the Market-ing BU with Group Corporate Communication.
• Develops media engagement capabilities across Marketing’s leadership team, in partnership with Group Corporate Communication.
• Lead for Marketing crisis communications and issues management.
• Developing and executing coordinated communications plan for the Marketing BU as well as ensur-ing coordinated internal and external communications for high profile and high risk projects.
• Develops, implements and measures the effectiveness of, employee communication strategies, plans, campaigns, channels and content to drive employee engagement and alignment within the Marketing BU, to share best practice and to establish a clear understanding of Marketing’s priorities.
• Develops fit-for-purpose communication infrastructure, including mix of channels – digital, print and face to face – to share knowledge and build a sense of community within the Marketing BU, leverag-ing the Group’s existing channels
• Proactively leads and manages the people element of change management for the Marketing BU
• Driving consistent communication messages either at Group level or within business units, ensuring alignment and approvals are in place
• Experience within a complex organisation across different countries and jurisdictions, cul-tures, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
• Experience of working on social media/social intranets
• Communications issues and their impact on employee engagement, strategic positioning, brand and marketing
• Delivering of integrated external affairs strategies for front line projects of major multina-tional companies.
• Experience of working at different levels across the organisation from corporate head office to business unit to project and understands the balance between process, governance and practical delivery.
• Managing internal communication in a large, multinational organisation
• Use excellent writing skills to develop effective messages, tailoring for different audiences taking account of national, local and cultural sensitivities.
• Effectively use project management techniques to successfully deliver global and cross commodity projects.
• Develop and deliver internal and marketing communication strategies and plans for a global business.
• Deliver end-to-end internal and external marketing and customer communication cam-paigns, from taking the brief and developing a plan to measuring results.
• Lead change programmes from a behavioural change and employee engagement perspec-tive.
• Undertake senior communication roles in major change programmes
• Work effectively within Marketing BU teams, displaying sufficient understanding of underly-ing technical concepts and the ability to translate those into language appropriate for differ-ent audiences.
• Develop communication strategies and plans and translate them into solid, practical delivery programmes
• Develop and deliver global, creative and results-focused communications strategies and messaging to drive differentiation in a large multinational company