£35,000 - £40,000
about 2 years ago
Salary: £35 – 40k
Department: Marketing & Communications
Purpose of Role/Job Overview
A fast growing Serviced Office organisation is seeking a Live Events Manager to join their dynamic Marketing & Communications team based in Central London.
Our client has a strong desire to build an enduring relationship with their clients and members by developing a strong community and providing an amazing customer experience. Part of this experience will come from the rich variety of events they put on for their members and they are well known for their innovation and creativity in this field.
As Live Events Manager you will be responsible for planning and managing the full calendar of events which will include a broad variety including platform events fo members to promote their businesses, entrepreneurship events to learn from, design events for inspiration, wellness events to promote a healthy mind-set and workplace and social events to connect and entertain members.
In addition, there will be a number of external events to build the profile of the brand. These will be a combination of sponsorship activation and PR events.
- Provide an annual event strategy and plan
- Develop key partnerships
- Develop and implement a really strong programme of events and parties
- Develop and communicate a monthly schedule of events online, the app and in booklet form
- Sponsorship activation; ensure the events are activated in a meaningful and effective way
- Ensure PR events are well managed and reflect well on the brand
- Ensure all events are well attended and delivered in a professional way
- Develop brand guidelines for the building events
- Oversee and manage the events budget
- Extensive experience of planning and managing events in-house or at an agency
- A love of cultural events and talks
- An understanding of current trends
- Strong leadership abilities
- Project management
- Highly organised
- Creative, with an appreciation of good design
- Event management
- Party organisation
- Marketing communication