Investor Relations Manager
The role will report directly to the Group Head of Investor Relations, and will be responsible for communicating the group’s financial performance and strategy to key external stakeholders – principally being sell-side analysts and buy-side investors. The role is part of a London-based, 3-4 strong team (part of the Finance Dept), working closely with the Group’s Finance, Corporate Development, Comms and Co Sec teams, as well as regular contact with Group business areas.
Enter the key responsibilities of the role:
- Ownership of the relationship with the sell side analysts, providing response to questions and explanation of Group performance, helping to ensure research notes are informed, models are realistic (based on disclosed information) and consensus is up to date
- Work closely with Finance management teams to ensure full understanding of Group’s financial performance, and provide IR input into finance forecasting
- Participate in investor meetings and events, along with senior management
- Support/lead the preparation of all investor communications and results materials, including press releases, presentations, briefing notes, Q&As
- Manage specific sections of the Annual Report production, including drafting of content
- Represent the IR function internally to support the understanding and importance of IR and external market expectations
- Develop expertise across areas of the Group’s business of core interest to external
Enter key behaviours and skills required to be successful in the role:
- An excellent communicator able to distil complex issues into easily understandable messages
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong numerical acumen with a good understanding of financial reporting and accounting, financial modelling and valuation
- An understanding of Capital Markets and Investor Relations
- Well organised with an ability to prioritise activities and deal with senior management both inside and external to Group
- Ability to work as part of small team and take responsibility for various deliverables
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.