A market leading satellite communications company is looking for an Internal Content and Channel Manager on a 12 month maternity cover contract paying between £45,000 - £50,000, depending on experience.
This role offers a rare and exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of the internal digital channel portfolio. Central to the role will be accountability for the for the hands-on, effective day-to-day management and operation of internal channels including the intranet, global email distribution platform (Poppulo) , monthly newsletter and event interaction tools such as Slido, digital screens and enterprise social networks.
Central to this is the development of engaging content telling the company story, creating a greater pull from that content, and also building a sense of community and improving editorial and technical capability across the content publisher network.
Another key part of the role is taking the lead on driving improvements across the organisation’s internal digital platforms, in particular playing a key role in shaping the vision and plan for the re-platform of the intranet, from Wordpress to O365, getting the benefit of integration with social capabilities
This role has a late-June/ early-July start so do apply if you’re able to start within the month.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- In collaboration with the IC Business Partner, lead and develop a content strategy and plan for the internal digital channel portfolio, aligned to the wider business editorial strategy
- Take a key role in the intranet working party, collaborating with a wide group of stakeholders from across IT, Digital, Chief People Office, and Marketing, to support the shaping and implementation of the short and long-term improvements of the intranet
- Champion the strategic use of internal digital channels, supporting behaviour change and driving the adoption of new tools and approaches across the company
- Bring fresh ideas and approaches to drive both step change and continuous improvements across the portfolio of channels and content
- Oversee the daily process and management of the internal digital channels, including creating and writing stories to embed our strategic narrative, culture and values in an effective and engaging way, meeting the needs of our employees
- Take editorial ownership of our intranet and in particular overseeing the homepage content and structure, working collaboratively with a network of champions/content owners to ensure a good pipeline of content. Create a thriving ‘go-to’ communications tool for our people
- Alongside writing and creating content yourself, additionally review and edit content from others, maintaining communications standards aligned to brand guidelines
- Establish and lead an intranet/enterprise social network champion community to support the global business
- Shape, implement and oversee the adherence to the internal communications channel governance model, offering advice and guidance on the processes, policies and standards to drive communications effectiveness and consistency
- Working with the IC Business Partner, regularly report on the performance and effectiveness of the internal channels and content, to ensure the business is making decisions and improvements driven by customer/employee insight and feedback
- Support the implementation of any internal communications surveys and measurement as necessary
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in a digital content and channel management role, specifically experience of managing intranets, (including improvements/upgrades), community platforms and email distribution tools
- Track record of quality delivery and execution
- Excellent writing skills for all channels and audiences – the ability to flex style for appropriateness and platform
- A good balance between the ability to think strategically, to plan and to get things done
- Great collaborator and networker – ability to work effectively across organisational boundaries and hierarchies
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Confidence to bring new and fresh ideas to the table – an innovator
- Results and delivery focused – act with agility and pace
- Ability to manage and juggle a broad portfolio
- Planning and organisational skills
- Great team player and ‘can-do’ attitude
As this role straddles the gap between web developer and the business, some deeper technical skills are required:
- Technical knowledge of intranet platforms: eg WordPress, SharePoint, Office 365, etc
- Software skills: HTML
- Design skills: Photoshop, adobe, Creative Cloud, other (for editing/creating routine image/visual content)
- Email distribution platforms: eg Poppulo or other similar
- Enterprise Social Network Community platforms: eg Yammer, Teams, or other similar
- Competence across core Microsoft applications – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.