A global logistics business with an emphasis on sustainability is looking for an internal communications specialist on a 12 – 14 month contract located at their head office in Weybridge.
The role has a particular focus on partnering the Group HR function and supporting with their communications strategy. Reporting into the Senior IC Manager, the successful candidate will support the development of communications across the EMEA region. Experience in a global business is desired, as is the ability to speak at least one other European language.
Excellent writing skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders to drive consistency and positive change are required to succeed in this exciting position. Experience of measuring engagement with programmes such as Poppulo is also desirable.
- Support business units across EMEA and partner with Group HR to develop meaningful messaging and framework standards for internal and external communications that can be applied across the brand. Define and implement full communications plans for function campaigns such as for the employee survey and gender pay gap reporting.
- Draft internal communication announcements, articles, posters, presentations and other business communications.
- Identify and collect key metrics to measure communication program effectiveness as well as develop and deliver Internal Comms Dashboards
- Actively feed into the content and schedule for EMEA-wide internal news through an e-newsletter, ensuring alignment with the News Hub.
- Draft and develop internal communication plans, leading the planning, writing, editing, executing, monitoring and suggested budgeting before submitting these for manager review and final approval.
- Support the development of regional and global digital media strategies. For external this includes social media strategies to support external events and press. For internal, this includes the intranet, Yammer and TV screens.
- Influence key stakeholders to drive consistency and positive change across the organisation
Key skills and experience
- Understanding of relevant regulations and experience in internal communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate to, collaborate with and influence both senior & junior-level stakeholders
- Expertise in relevant computer applications, such as Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite applications (Camtasia, InDesign, Illustrator etc.)
- Detailed understanding of web-based communications and tools
- Ability to speak one other European language is desirable, but not essential
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.