11 months ago
My client, a global professional body based in central London, is searching for a communicator with experience leading the communications of company-wide technology change to internal audiences.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with senior leaders and IT stakeholders. They will also need to be skilled in simplifying complex messaging to global audiences.
The post holder, bringing with them a creative and inquisitive mind set, will be working on a major IT transformation change project. They’ll work primarily with the project leads and wider project teams to identify the objectives, people impact, stakeholders and outcomes/evaluation to determine the bespoke communications approach – injecting innovation and imagination wherever possible. They’ll use a wide range of internal communication channels and approaches to help the organisation’s people understand their individual roles in regard to the rollout of the projects and within the context of the wider business. The post holder should also collaborate closely with the rest of the internal communications team to share knowledge, identify opportunities, and inform the forward planning and evolution of the team.
- Take ownership of internal communications plans for a major IT transformation programme. This includes liaising with the project/programme lead and project team to establish ways of working; developing and delivering internal communications at key points; and assessing the impact of campaigns.
- On behalf of your projects, write and issue internal news for a global and segmented audience, making use of a range of styles to ensure communications are engaging and informative, suit different channels, and closely adhere to the organisation’s brand identity, tone of voice and style guide.
- Act as a business partner for projects, providing advice and consultancy to ensure a robust approach to internal communications needs
- Develop strategic campaigns and content on behalf of your projects for the social intranet. Work with the internal communications team to champion this channel, helping to ensure the overall user experience is impactful, innovative, informative and positively engaged with across your projects’ stakeholder groups.
- Ensure a consistent approach to planning internal communications, making use of the internal communications calendar and collaborating with the wider internal communications team to ensure that internal and external communications are aligned.
Skills and Experience
- Experience leading change and communications in major IT transformation programmes at a regional and ideally global level is essential.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate, contribute and present at all levels.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- The ability to engage and enthuse internal stakeholders around new ideas and ways of working.
- Adept at building and sustaining relationships at all levels.
- Able to work effectively across different cultures.
- Highly motivated, practical and enthusiastic.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, meeting tight deadlines and working within agreed budgets.
The hiring manager is considering applications from candidates with a maximum of a one month notice period.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.