Up To £50,000
about 2 years ago
This Internal Communications Manager role with a prestigious global membership institution in London is a brilliant opportunity for a confident, calm and hard-working IC professional to set up IC from scratch.
As part of the Chief Executive’s Office directorate, you will work closely with the Chief Exec, reporting in to the Director of Media and Internal Communication, to bring new ideas and create and implement an Internal Communications strategy.
You will be equally as happy working on strategy with senior leaders as you are creating content to make sure all staff are well-informed. You won’t be afraid to challenge the status quo and suggest ways of improving communications within the institution and help tell its story.
To lead all internal communications activity for the organisation, including developing a highly effective IC strategy, activities and channels.
- Develop, lead and deliver an internal communications strategy that builds understanding and support for organisational priorities and aligns with external messages
- Significant autonomy to deliver a comprehensive internal communications function
- Drive significant and measurable improvements to internal communications channels and processes
- Act as the expert advisor on internal communications to senior management, including in relation to confidential and/or sensitive issues
- Define and develop leadership communications (including scripts and briefings for senior colleagues) and manage staff events to ensure consistent and maximum impact
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues across the organisation to provide advice and be accountable for ensuring internal communications plans are delivered for all key initiatives
- Act as an internal news editor, sourcing and writing stories and celebrating success to increase shared understanding and communication
- Produce and publish engaging, relevant and accurate content for all internal communications channels
- Ensure all internal communications activities are fully evaluated and adapt subsequent projects in response.
- Experience and knowledge of leading and delivering internal communications in a complex organisation
- Experience of delivering impactful internal communications strategies and measuring their effectiveness
- Experience of advising senior colleagues on internal communications matters, including complex and/or sensitive issues
- Experience of working independently to manage competing, multiple tasks in a highly pressurised environment
- Proven ability to produce clear, concise and engaging messaging for internal audiences and across a range of channels
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.