One of the world’s largest accountancy firms is looking for an Internal Communications Manager on an initial 12 month contract paying between £50,000 - £55,000.
This newly created role, sitting in the central comms team, will partner with the tax area of the business to develop the communicatons strategy. Working closely with the National Head of Tax and Tax leadership team as well as the Head and Director of IC, the successful candidate will deliver internal communication of strategic and priority projects for the National Tax team of c.1,200 people.
This is an innovative team so the hiring manager is looking for someone with lots of creativity who can advise and influence senior leaders in the tax function on IC best practice. This role is perfect for an established manager-level candidate who can take the lead and be confident in their strategic communications ability. Professional services experience is desirable, though not essential.
- Play a key role in delivering the internal communications programme for colleagues in the tax area of the business (c.1,200 employees)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the firm’s vision, strategy and internal engagement, using this to inform your approach and as a foundation for all of your work
- Advise the Tax Executive on their leadership communications programme and Tax communications framework
- Advise local Heads of Tax, particularly the London Tax Group, on implementation of those communications plans to their groups
- Balance the communication of multiple projects at once, managing time and resources effectively, focusing on:
- National Tax – communicating strategy and leadership
- National Tax – communicating priorities
- Local Leaders– co-ordinating and building communities
- Operational Excellence – delivering impactful communications via effective channels
- Understand how to motivate audiences to engage with and listen to priority communications – and how to streamline and simplify information so as not to bombard or overwhelm those audiences
- Build relationships across the Tax Stream to help you horizon-scan, curate content and tone communications effectively
- Link in with and leverage from:
- Central Communications team on priorities, messages, channels and communications sequencing
- Communications professionals in other departments (Audit, Advisory)
- Tax Knowledge team who run the business communication channels and have deep understanding of how information is communicated
- Consider the full suite of communications and engagement tools to help leaders achieve their goals, from engagement forums to broadcast channels to digital tools
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed of activity, progress, challenges, and results
- Be an ambassador for both the Tax team and the Communications team
- C. half a day a week will be dedicated to advising on communications for one of the central programmes, specifically ‘Innovation and Digital Mindset’.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in delivering effective communications programmes that produce tangible results or change
- Passionate about effective and creative communications that drive behaviour change and/or educate the audience
- Motivated by working collaboratively with a variety of teams to achieve success for the firm overall
- Shows initiative in starting new projects or thinking of new ways in maximising existing programmes
- Experienced in designing and implementing internal communications plans
- Experience of communications technologies and channels (for example, Sharepoint, Yammer)
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with excellent copywriting, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Writes in plain English, removing jargon and management speak
- Demonstrates good project management skills to help others deliver their communications plans
- Pays attention to detail, especially when juggling a high volume of work
- Excellent diplomacy and negotiation skills to deal with colleagues, building trust and rapport to motivate others
- Flexible in times of ambiguity or conflicting deadlines
- Has high expectations of themselves and their team and delivers quality results
- Can be trusted to “get stuff done” and build their own relationships with key stakeholders
- Is used to working to deadlines, even with competing tasks, and manages their time and resource to suit
- Has a thorough understanding of the internal communications channel mix
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.