An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading professional services firm in central London at a time of rapid growth.
The need for impactful internal communications has never been greater across the organisation after recently announcing a merger with another well-known firm. Working in a wider team of four, this role will play an integral part in the development and delivery of the firm-wide communications programme to over 5,000 employees across multiple offices in the UK.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, the Internal Communications Manager will design and deliver internal communication of strategic and business-as-usual projects and announcements, with particular focus on communications of significant firm wide and/or stream led initiatives or projects.
They will need to be proactive, resilient, passionate, innovative and collaborative in order to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in different business areas in order to make change happen. Somebody who has worked in both a central comms function and worked within project environments would suit the role perfectly.
This is a 12 month FTC opportunity and the hiring manager is considering candidates who are both immediately available or have a one month notice period.
• Play a key role in delivering the firm-wide IC programme across the UK, covering both BAU and change projects
• Demonstrate an understanding of the firm’s vision, strategy and internal engagement, using this to inform your approach and as a foundation for all of your work
• Support the Head of Internal Communications in the development of the firm-wide communications strategy and plan
• Understand how to motivate firm-wide audiences to engage with and listen to priority communications from key support functions
• Support the Head of Internal Communications on major change programmes, designing and implementing communications toolkits as appropriate
• Leading communications of significant firm-wide and/or stream led initiatives or projects
• Passionate about effective communications that drive behaviour change and/or educate the audience
• Motivated by working collaboratively with a variety of teams to achieve success for the firm overall
• Regularly shows initiative in starting new projects or thinking of new ways in maximising existing programmes
• Experienced in designing and implementing internal communications plans
• Strong business acumen
• Demonstrates good project management skills to help others deliver their communications plans
• Proven track record in delivering effective communications programmes that produce tangible results or change
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.