A global membership organisation is looking for and experienced Internal Communications Manager to join them on an initial 6 month contract, paying a salary of £45,000 - £50,000 pro rata, with an immediate start.
Reporting into the Head of Internal Communications and working closely with senior leaders across the organisation, this is a strategic level role in a fascinating organisation. The hiring manager is looking for someone with energy, drive and passion for internal communications who can hit the ground running and build strong stakeholder relationships quickly.
This is a flexible, varied and challenging role. The post holder will collaborate with the internal communications team members and business leads to plan, develop and deliver impactful, insightful, motivating and engaging communications for all our people. The post holder will primarily support work coming out of the people and transformation and strategy and governance directorates. They’ll deliver high quality content across various campaigns, bringing creativity to each task. They’ll also use a wide range of different channels and approaches to help employees understand their individual roles, within the context of the wider organisation, and foster their capability and commitment to changes that will drive the 2025 strategy.
- Take ownership of internal communications plans for specific strategic initiatives. This includes liaising with the business sponsor and project team to establish procedures and ways of working; offering best practice guidance; developing and delivering internal communications at key points, and assessing the impact of campaigns.
- Write and issue internal news for a global and segmented audience, making use of a range of styles to ensure communications are engaging and informative, suit different channels, and closely adhere to the organisation’s brand identity, tone of voice and style guide.
- Act as a business partner for identified projects, providing advice and consultancy to ensure a robust approach to internal communications needed..
- Develop strategic campaigns and content for the social intranet. Work closely with the internal communications team to champion this channel, helping to ensure the overall user experience is impactful, innovative, informative and positively engaged with across the organisation’s global network.
- Ensure a consistent approach to planning internal communications, making use of the internal communications calendar and collaborating with the strategy team and other internal teams to ensure that internal and external communications are aligned.
- Collaborate with the team and with leaders across the organisation to ensure the team reacts swiftly to deliver additional internal communications priorities as they arise.
Skills and Experience
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, contribute and present at all levels
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- An innovator, able to engage and enthuse internal stakeholders around new ideas and ways of working
- Adept at building and sustaining relationships at all levels
- Able to work effectively across different cultures
- Highly motivated, practical and enthusiastic, able to work with minimum supervision, meeting tight deadlines and working within agreed budgets.
- Flexible team player able to show adaptability in a fast moving and demanding environment
- Participative, collaborative and open working style
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering impactful communications across a range of channels.
- Significant experience in the field of communications
- Desirable: experience of working in a global organisation.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent communications, digital and marketing recruitment and executive search specialist. Specialist practices cover corporate communications, internal communications, change communications, PR, media relations, CSR, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP has offices in London, Manchester, Amsterdam and Brussels, but we work with organisations and individuals on a global basis.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.