6 months ago
We are working with a Global Law Firm who are looking for an IC Manager to join their team. They are only considering candidates with Legal, Professional Services or Banking experience.
The Internal Communications Manager is a highly visible, global role within the Firm, and is part of a small team working to ensure the Firm’s internal communications strategy drives increased engagement among partners and employees.
Reporting to the global Head of Internal Communications, the Internal Communications Specialist plays an important part in bringing the Firm’s strategic messages to life via a mix of online, digital, face-to-face and print communications, with a strong focus on writing and publishing.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Write and publish news for the Firm’s daily news channel, which showcase the Firm’s strategic progress, successes and good news, working with colleagues from around the network to identify local good news stories and then draft, edit and publish, in a timely fashion
- Create and maintain various Connect intranet pages when necessary, and publish updates to various feed
- Plan and manage the Firm’s digital publication offering insights into our business and our people, working with our agency on four issues a year
- Manage the London newsletters from end-to-end, working with colleagues in both New York and London to agree and publish content, and repurposing content from the newsletter where appropriate; work with New York and London OEPs on their sign-off of each issue
- Support the content creation of the firms TV, particularly as it becomes a global tool
Skills and Competencies
- Strong emphasis on writing, storytelling, editing and publishing, with an eye for detail
- Able to work with colleagues around the world to identify and publish stories in a timely fashion
- Able to work with a minimum level of supervision, prioritising tasks within an overall internal communications strategy
- Excellent writing, storytelling and editing skills; a strong communicator to internal audiences
- Creative thinker able to generate ideas for engaging communications content
- Confident, proactive approach, able to act as an adviser to colleagues
- Understanding of communications preferences among a changing employee pool
- Strong organisational skills and ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Collaborative, focused on team, not individual success
- Client service orientation