over 1 year ago
A leading global logistics company is looking for an Internal Communications Manager (ICM) for an initial 18 month fixed term contract.
An exciting opportunity to join an award winning marketing and communications department as they look to increase their engagement throughout the business. Working closely with the Senior Internal Communications Manager, the successful candidate will be working in close collaboration with the wider corporate communications team to bring to life special projects for colleagues around the world.
In this role, the main focus will be to engage the workforce in a variety of fast-moving business-wide projects and culture transformation initiatives. There will be scope to bring a level of creativity to advise on IC best practice and introduce innovative new internal comms techniques that help the business communicate consistently and effectively.
With large scale investments in everything from staff to infrastructure underway, you will help bring colleagues on an exciting journey of change, ensuring they understand the change and what it means for the future of the company. Successful candidates will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and relish in the opportunities to define new ways of communicating with a multi-layered global workforce.
- Manage and deliver communication to support specific projects and change programmes. This role will be a 50/50 split between working with major projects and conducting work on internal communications change initiatives.
- Drive communication activity across a full range of internal channels (print, online, digital, apps and collaboration platforms)
- Work with Senior Internal Communication Manager to exploit internal communication opportunities project delivery (key messages, Q&A and support proactive activity)
- Work with external communications team to ensure consisted brand delivery and use of the latest thinking.
- Work with the local communications teams to co-ordinate messages and local channels
- Track the effectiveness of communication activity
- Event logistics, planning and delivery including creative treatment and experiential activity
- Write to a high standard across all channels
Experience and skillset required
- Ability to multi-task, self-motivate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing change communication
- Expertise in managing creative and engaging campaigns
- Strong communication experience (either B2C, B2B or Internal)
- Experience advising directors on communication to support local business priorities
- Ability to influence and challenge to a senior level
- Comms strategy, planning, delivery, research
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills
- An in-depth understanding of internal communication channels