10 months ago
A leading professional services firm is looking for an experienced Internal Communications Manager (ICM) for a 12 month fixed term contract.
The objective of the role is to help deliver the firm-wide internal communications programme to 5,000 employees. Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, the ICM will design and deliver internal communication of strategic and business-as-usual projects and announcements, with particular focus on communications for the Practice Management Departments (known as PMDs, for example IT, Finance, Marketing, Risk).
The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail and organisation skills and will work best in a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunities to learn and develop. They will also need to be conscientious, well-organised, with excellent attention to detail and a creative flair.
The hiring manager is particularly interested in seeing candidates who have experience working in central comms teams within a corporate business who have strong stakeholder management skills. Professional services experience is not required.
- Play a key role in delivering the firm-wide internal communications programme
- Demonstrate an understanding of the firm’s vision, strategy and internal engagement, using this to inform your approach and as a foundation for all of your work
- Directly support and guide the PMDs in the strategy and delivery of their communications to certain audiences. These include IT, Finance, Market Sales & Clients, Property & Facilities Management, and Quality & Risk
- Understand how to motivate firm-wide audiences to engage with and listen to priority communications from key support functions
- Support the Head of Internal Communications in the development of the firm-wide communications strategy and plan, collating the firm’s Storyboard and advising on firm-wide sequencing
- Understand – and help to deliver – our communications and channel strategies
- Work alongside the rest of the team to ensure the central communications channels are fit-for-purpose and future-ready, particularly the intranet and internal social media network
- Support key stakeholders to create and deliver creative communications plans to educate our people and/or drive behaviour change
Experience and skillset required
- Passionate about effective and creative communications that drive behaviour change and/or educate the audience
- Motivated by working collaboratively with a variety of teams to achieve success for the firm overall
- Regularly shows initiative in starting new projects or thinking of new ways in maximising existing programmes
- Experienced in designing and implementing internal communications plans
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with excellent copywriting, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrates good project management skills to help others deliver their communications plans
- Pays attention to detail, especially when juggling a high volume of work
- Has a thorough understanding of the internal communications channel mix
- Experienced in filming or managing external film companies to produce video for internal communication
- Has experience in using digital channels, such as SharePoint, Yammer or Jive
- Proven track record in delivering effective communications programmes that produce tangible results or change