7 months ago
An exciting opportunity for a creative internal communicator who can innovate and engage a diverse workforce at a critical time in an organisation’s journey.
Traditional is not required; innovative and unorthodox communictors with a creative flair will be first in line! Initially a 12 month contract sitting in the corporate communications team and reporting into the Head of Comms and Engagement, the successful candidate will be responsible for building and putting their stamp on the IC function.
One year into a four year business strategy, the requirement for IC has been recognised by the board, so this is the moment for real change. The successful candidate will develop digital channels to inform and engage a diverse workforce, whilst working closely with the Head of department to develop the overall strategy.
The hiring manager will be reviewing CVs w/c 9th March so do get in touch if this sounds of interest!
- Work closely with the central team and colleagues across the partner organisations to develop a comprehensive IC plan, which takes into account the organisation’s unique and complex structure
- Develop and manage new digital tools and processes for internal communication
- Work closely with the central team to ensure smooth and effective two-way communication
- Use IC to help embed agile working methods and processes across the programme
- Support the engagement manager in the development of new channels of communication
- Work with the communications manager to develop high-quality content for internal channels
- Attend as required and represent the organisation at conferences and networking events
- Support the wider comms and engagement team as required on a range of activities (major industry exhibitions, conferences, roundtable discussions, industry briefings and networking events)
Experience and skillset required
- Extensive professional experience in roles with a principal focus on internal communications
- A comprehensive understanding of internal communications as a professional discipline, with the ability to give practical examples of internal comms projects or tasks overseen in previous roles
- An innovative thinker, with demonstrable experience of using both established and new communications tools and techniques to engage a diverse range of internal audiences
- A clear knowledge of and interest in, the latest communications trends, tools and techniques
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in an agile, efficient and timely manner
- Experience of working in complex organisational environments
- Excellent team-working and interpersonal skills and a supportive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Educated to degree level
- Occasional travel will be required to other UK sites
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industries supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.