almost 3 years ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the communications function of a thriving business as it approaches its centenary year.
Due to increased demand for internal communication, this brand new role will have responsibility for bringing creative and innovate ideas to an already well respected communications function. They will deliver the day to day communications programme and have responsibility for mentoring a newly appointed Comms Executive. This is a broad IC role encompassing channel management, change communication, content creation, campaign and event management. Candidates with strong events experience, particularly large-scale company conferences and celebrations, would be desirable as this will be an integral part of the role.
As this position has responsibility for communicating to different geographies across Europe, experience dealing with different cultures and communicating to internal audiences in different locations would be advantageous.
Working as part of a wider team of 10, it would also suit a collaborative communicator who is hands on, personable and enjoys working in an environment with a strong team ethic.
- Deliver against the internal communications and wider business strategy
- Create and implement internal communications plans for key initiatives and programmes across the business
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communication channels
- Manage the channel matrix to ensure messages are delivered in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all channels and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Advise senior executives of key messages and initiatives that need to be communicated throughout the business
- Bring to life the purpose and values in the internal communication programme to drive culture change
- Manage and ensure the digital channels such as the company’s intranet are maintained
- Review existing measurement tools for internal communications and ensure that feedback helps to improve the internal communication programme
- Work with the Communications Executive to ensure that all required Internal Communications activities and initiatives are delivered on time and to budget
Experience and skillset required
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with other departments across the business to include senior executives.
- Creative thinking skills to think and act in ways that are new and innovative to include familiarity with digital and video means of communication.