almost 2 years ago
Internal Communications Executive - 12 Month Maternity Cover
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Internal Communications Executive (3-5years) to join a pioneer in healthcare!
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Internal Communications Executive to join the Communications team, reporting to the Internal Communications Manager. The role is a 12-month contract to cover maternity leave and is based in the HQ at Burgess Hill, East Sussex.
Working with the communications team you will help drive employee engagement and world class communication to support our purpose: to connect people with the business focus inside and outside the organisation.
You will join a fast-paced, dynamic and successful team to coordinate the delivery of integrated campaigns, assist in the development and delivery of the internal and external communications strategy and plans, and support the creation and delivery of engaging content to bring their strategy to life.
You will build effective stakeholder networks within the business, act as a key point of contact for the development of the future intranet, and news app and assist with the production of press releases and social media posts.
You will provide subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders to help them communicate effectively, help create engaging content across a variety of channels, including film, email, Google + and face-to-face, lead on the development of an integrated content planner and assist in the delivery of communications events, including conferences and town hall meetings.
Who are you
You have a degree level or equivalent in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications. Journalistic qualification an advantage.
Preferred experience in internal communications gained either in-house or agency and proven success in supporting the development and delivery of communications campaigns and initiatives, experience creating and delivering engaging content across multiple channels and the ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
You are dynamic, hardworking and self-reliant with a flexible attitude to challenging situations. With a high level of organisation skills you have the ability to work independently and are able to prioritise tasks in order to maximise productivity. Your strong influencing skills enable you to work effectively across multi-disciplinary teams.
To be successful in this position you must be able to demonstrate:
- Copywriting/journalistic experience - to brief and deadline
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Digital expertise, e.g. SharePoint, Google Suite of tools and ability to learn new systems and processes easily.
- Knowledge and experience of managing intranets/content management systems/apps and social media.
- Ability to influence in a highly complex, cross-functional environment and stay focused on critical goals and outcomes; ability to hit deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent presentation and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- High sense of personal responsibility with a strong work ethic with a desire for professional development.
- Competent analytical skills to measure and interpret feedback data.