£30,000 - £35,000
almost 3 years ago
My client, an innovative technical business services organisation that is passionate about safety and making the world a better place is looking for its newest team member. Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, the Internal Communications Coordinator will support with the delivery of internal communications for a variety of group projects as well as take the lead on key channels such as the weekly newsletter and the Intranet ‘news room’.
Key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Working as part of an agile team of IC professionals on cross-business and Group-wide projects to support the overall communication of the Group strategy. This will include writing communications plans, managing specific deliverables (such as promotional news stories and videos), working with stakeholders and ensuring that the wider business context and strategy is reflected in communications.
- Supporting the Head of Internal Communications with key strategic initiatives.
- Take the lead on the weekly newsletter, owning its creation and delivery. Ensure all news stories are written in the LR tone of voice and are engaging and accessible to all colleagues. Accountable for driving readership.
- Proactively sourcing and writing engaging news stories, adhering to online news best practice, to promote activities and achievements across all business streams and functions. This will include interviewing colleagues from across the globe and at all levels of the organisation from surveyors to Directors.
- Work with the Intranet manager to support the development of the Intranet ‘news room’ – a dynamic online portal for news – ensuring that the end result meets the business needs and is an engaging platform for corporate news.
- Keep up-to-date with internal comms, editorial and intranet best practice to support the development of a best in class IC function.
Desired experience and qualifications:
Degree level education, ideally with an appropriate post-graduate or professional qualification
- Experience in an internal communications or other editorial role.
- Excellent writer across a variety of channels. Able to flex style and tone for different audiences and channels.
- Excellent spoken communication and influencing skills. Can confidently engage with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent attention to detail including proof reading and copy writing skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines /prioritise workload
- A strong team player who is able to win consensus
- Able to work effectively as part of a virtual team spread across the UK
- Experience creating and publishing content in SharePoint 2013 highly desirable.
To send your CV today please click on the ‘apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.