A well known charitable organisation is looking for an experienced Internal Communications Business Partner (ICBP) on an initial six month fixed term contract, starting in October.
The objective of the role is to provide strategic guidance and tactical advice to business areas and corporate teams. The ICBP will guide senior management teams to deliver inspiring leadership communication, provide strategic internal communications planning and messaging advice and devise creative campaigns that inform, motivate and change employee behaviours. They also manage and measure certain internal communication channels and ensure editorial quality.
The ICBP will also support and develop the communications strategy for a specific directorate. Exceptional stakeholder management skills, written and oral communication and high level organisation are all required to succeed in this role. Charity/NFP experience is not required.
- Advise leadership teams in communication techniques and coordinate leadership comms events and activities
- Implement and evaluate all internal communication campaigns
- Ensure that communication plans are clearly aligned to specific business objectives, measure the effectiveness of those plans through quantitative and qualitative analysis and provide evidence of behavioural change and return on investment
- Review and manage communication channels to ensure they are relevant, impactful and add value, and ensure they are aligned with global channels.
- Coach managers to increase their skills in internal communications planning, writing, and facilitating team briefs - and encourage managers’ ownership of communications
- Input communication activities into the internal communications content planner, then identify and resolve message or timing conflicts
- Devise creative campaigns for internal initiatives that engage and inspire employees
Experience and skillset required
- Experience in an internal communications role in a large and complex global organisation
- Advanced knowledge of internal and change communications strategy and planning methodology
- Experience in advising and influencing senior leaders on internal communication methods and messaging
- Professional writing and editing skills and the ability to adapt style to suit different channels or audiences.
- Ability to manage multiple communications plans, projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Events management
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.