over 1 year ago
Internal Communications & Engagement Manager
A great opportunity for an experienced Internal Communications & Engagement Manager to join a leading health charity on a 6 – 9 months FTC.
This is an exciting but full-on role and you must be willing to role your sleeves up and really be a team player. This role is an important part of realising the vision of the Trustees and Stakeholders. This will suit a dynamic Internal Communications professional who can inspire, inform and engage volunteers and employees nationwide.
- To inspires confidence in the internal comms team and to drive them in the right direction
- To set the Internal Communications strategy, reviewing it regularly, involving stakeholders to make sure it’s fit for purpose and achievable
- Manage the team calendar of activity. Support coordination of internal events to help manage a rolling calendar of internal engagement
- Provide effective leadership communications counsel, advising senior management on sensitive and complex internal communications challenges, including crisis communications issues
- Provide effective and consist line management to direct reports creating a culture that is in line with values and ensures effective service delivery and well motivated and engaged employees
- Experience of putting in place really strong basics of an Internal Communications strategy to sharpen the focus of the communications, making them more accessible to the audiences and to give the channel work a strategic focus
- Experience managing and driving forward a team
- Experience working with change from the perspective of bottom up behaviour change, not engaging in staff in change that is coming from the top down
- Excellent skills in writing and editing compelling on-brand copy for a number of audiences with different interests and levels of literacy
- Experience working in a large organisation with multiple offices and points of contacts as well as working in an environment with Volunteers and Trustees
This role will suit an Internal Communications professional who has proven employee engagement experience. Who is not afraid to ‘do’ and to lead by example! Must not be afraid of hitting the ground running!