£40,000 - £48,000
about 1 month ago
A charitable organisation in the education sector is looking for an experienced internal communications and engagement practitioner on a 12 month contract, with a late-August start.
The successful candidate will be the stand-alone internal communicator in the organisation so will have the responsibility of leading the function and bringing in best practice to a newly established area of the organisation. They will lead on change communications initiatives so will be expected to work alongside and advise and influence senior leaders on the communications aspect of an upcoming strategic business change.
A solid understanding of IC theory and experience of developing channels and launching engagement surveys is also desirable.
- Managing and developing the organisation’s internal communications and engagement (ICE) strategy and activities
- Working closely with the senior executive and senior management teams to provide advice, manage change communications, and ensure a coordinated flow of information through appropriate channels
- Become a trusted advisor to senior leaders within the organisation on change communications best practice
- Develop a change communications strategy for an upcoming strategic business change initiative
- Planning, creating, editing, and proofreading content for a range of internal communications channels, delivering all outputs to a high standard
- Leading the redevelopment of the intranet as a key ICE tool, working with external suppliers, the Head of Marketing and Communications, and the Head of HR
- Managing the brand internally, ensuring all communications follow corporate branding, editorial, and tone of voice guidelines
- Evaluating the impact of internal communications through both qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Degree educated or equivalent experience
- Experience of contributing to the development of and delivering an internal communications and engagement (ICE) strategy and activities, including change communications
- Experience of managing an intranet, including functional and content development
- Excellent copywriting skills, including writing for and understanding of different audiences and channels, sensitivity for different cultural contexts
- Good creative skills, including idea generation, design and visual awareness
- Strong time and project management skills, including planning and prioritising own workload and managing competing demands
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills, including the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Strong diplomacy skills, including sensitivity, discretion, and sound judgement
Self-motivated with the drive and perseverance to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, as well as working within a team environment