£400 - £450 p/d
over 2 years ago
A specialist information, data and ecommerce company is on the lookout for an experienced change communications professional on a 12 month contract on a day rate of £400 - £450 (outside IR35).
Reporting into the VP Comms and working closely with the Change & Adoption lead, Programme Director and Project Sponsor, the successful candidate will develop a communications strategy and deliver it over a 12-month period. The main responsibility will be leading on the communications for two large technology transformation programmes, centred on both a Salesforce and SAP implementation, globally. These two programmes were previously managed individually with some alignment to each other. Change and Comms management was an area which was also managed separately and in the Sales programme, there was no Change management workstream. With the alignment of an overall Programme Director overseeing the full Platform programmes scope, now is the right time to bring synergies in communications, change management and business adoption to stakeholders in the project, and the wider business. These synergies will bring together the sales, service and marketing journeys lined up with the downstream finance function and production and use of management information.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-organised, self-starting senior change communicator with a track record of developing communications tools and programmes to engage employees across diverse functions. They will also have a proven track record of working with programmes and multiple constituencies (broadcast and highly targeted) of business stakeholders to deliver engaging communications.
This role has an immediate start so please only apply if you can start a new role quickly. This is also a fully remote contract which sits outside scope of IR35.
- Lead and deliver all communications for the Platforms Programmes project.
- Build, maintain and deliver timely, targeted, creative and effective internal and external communications through a clearly-defined, detailed communications plan that aligns to the overall programme plan.
- Ensure business readiness through clear communication and clear, regular articulation of the business benefits of the programmes to our various stakeholders.
- Partner with the Change & Adoption lead, Programme Director Project Sponsor to develop compelling change communications outputs to guide people through the change cycle.
- Develop new and imaginative ways of communicating change to colleagues across multiple geographies, cultures and working environments.
- Create engaging content (new stories, leader messages, videos etc) and ensure all messages are clear, consistent, easy for colleagues to understand and are engaging and collaborative.
- Partner with stakeholders to oversee development of external communications connected to the project, including to suppliers and customers.
- Coordinate activities with the rest of the programme team, communications team and senior leaders to ensure communications are aligned and messaging is consistent with the corporate narrative.
- Build relationships with and earn the trust of stakeholders and colleagues within and outside of the project.
- Seek out and respond to feedback and measure results.
- Build and maintain the communication platforms, such as the programme Google site.
- Continually revise and adjust approach in response to feedback and impact of individual communications.
Experience and skillset
- Proven mid-senior level internal communications and engagement experience, particularly with change projects.
- Experience of communicating change (ideally complex technology and process change) is essential.
- A track record delivering change communications in a demanding complex organisation
- Confident multi-channel communicator who likes embracing change and spotting improvements.
- A diplomatic and experienced influencer who can work with and across numerous teams, clients and internal stakeholders comfortably.
- A highly-organised, self-starting senior change communication communicator with a track record of developing communications tools and programmes to engage employees across diverse functions.
- Proven track record of working with programmes and business stakeholders to de-liver engaging communications.
- Self-motivated, organised and confident managing upwards and working with more senior stakeholders.