about 2 years ago
My client, a global professional body, is looking for an experienced, yet digitally savvy internal and change communications professional to join their project team for an initial six month contract with a late-August start.
Working on a global, company-wide change programme, this role is suitable for someone who has high levels of gravitas yet the technical digital skills to be able to communicate key messages across various platforms. They will ideally have worked for a global organisation before and will be able to advise and influence stakeholders of the best ways of communicating company-wide change communications.
They will need to be a strategic thinker, yet be a real hands on deliverer and have excellent channel management and campaign experience. The post holder will be recruited on a projects basis; they’ll collaborate with project owners across the organisation to plan, develop and deliver impactful, insightful, motivating and engaging communications for all employees.
- Take ownership of internal communications plans for specific strategic initiatives. This includes liaising with the business sponsor and project team to establish procedures and ways of working; offering best practice guidance; developing and delivering internal communications at key points, and assessing the impact of campaigns.
- Write and issue internal news for a global and segmented audience, making use of a range of styles to ensure communications are engaging and informative, suit different channels, and closely adhere to the brand’s identity, tone of voice and style guide.
- Act as a business partner for identified projects, providing advice and consultancy to ensure a robust approach to internal communications needed. This includes recommending a range of approaches to internal communications and, where appropriate, advising and up-skilling teams to deliver their own communications to their internal stakeholders.
- Develop strategic campaigns and content for the intranet. Work closely with the internal communications team to champion this channel, helping to ensure the overall user experience is impactful, innovative, informative and positively engaged across the global network.
- Ensure a consistent approach to planning internal communications, making use of the internal communications calendar and collaborating with the strategy team and other internal teams to ensure that internal and external communications are aligned.
Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, contribute and present at all levels
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong digital communications skills
- An innovator, able to engage and enthuse internal stakeholders around new ideas and ways of working
- Adept at building and sustaining relationships at all levels
- Able to work effectively across different cultures
- Demonstrable experience of creating and delivering impactful communications across a range of channels.
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm with the ability to engage stakeholders
- Desirable: experience of working in a global organisation.
The hiring manager is looking to make an appointment in early-August with the successful candidate starting mid-August so please only apply if you are available in these timeframes.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.