£180 - £200 per day
about 1 year ago
The Instructional Designer (ID) will be responsible for scripting content into template instructional design storyboards for a number of online and blended course development projects. The post-holder will work closely with the Lead and Senior IDs who will initiate the Storyboard template for each project. The ID will be responsible for ensuring that content received from academics is mapped and scripted into the storyboard and that the content is reviewed for accuracy and consistency, before being handed over to the Content Production team for copy editing and subsequently production. The successful candidates will ensure on time delivery of content to the Lead and Senior IDs per the project schedule. They will also carry out online reviews during the production phase to ensure that the storyboards have been accurately translated into the live environment.
This is a 4 month contract.
- Conceptualise and storyboard instructionally sound, interactive and engaging content that promotes active learning.
- Be familiar with a range of authoring tools and templates.
- Ability to write and transform content for adult learners in an online environment to structured style guides.
- Work independently, managing own time, prioritising effectively and making decisions confidently, quickly and thoughtfully.
- Excellent organisational, time management, prioritisation and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to provide timely and appropriate communication to both internal and external stakeholders.
Experience and skillset required
- 2+ years in an instructional design role, preferably in a Higher Education setting.
- Experience of creating, writing and developing scripts as part of eLearning content development.
- Experience with Articulate Storyline, Evolve (Adapt), Camtasia and/or similar tools.
- An expert in writing content for adult online learners.
- Behaves ethically and with integrity, supports the business’ core values, beliefs and codes of conduct.
- Professional approach at all times.
- Excellent communication skills.