£400 per day
over 2 years ago
An initial three month contract for a leading aviation organisation in west London.
This role is responsible for managing finance communications both within the function and company-wide (internal) as well as with suppliers and 3rd party stakeholders (external); working closely with the central communications team to deliver a communications strategy to support the wider business plan.
The role holder will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing an effective communications strategy that keeps team members informed, connected and engaged with the different developments within the function.
Key to the role will be the development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of effective communication channels and tools, as well as collaboration platforms (intranet communications portals) such as Hub+ and the Finance SharePoint site.
The role holder will provide communications advice and will support and challenge finance colleagues in developing and issuing effective communications to facilitate understanding, promote integration and collaboration.
- Own the development and delivery of the Finance communications Plan and Strategy, defining key objectives, audiences, the tools and processes required to most effectively communicate the messages, success measures, and the resources and timescales needed to implement the strategy.
- Act as the Finance Communications single point of contact supporting Finance sub-teams’ integration and communications needs as well as other departments within the business, being a team ambassador to reinforce Finance profile as a key function.
- Own and execute a content schedule for the Finance weekly Communications Update
- Write and copy-write engaging and creative content for online and offline channels and support the development of engaging employee communications materials.
- Drive the planning, development and adoption of digital channels by promoting and educating team members in the use of digital tools such as Yammer, SharePoint and Office 365 programmes
Skills and experience required
- High levels of organisation with a flexible approach. The ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong relationship building skills
- A good team member who can work independently as well as within a team
- Understanding and ability to apply communication and engagement principles to form successful communications
- Demonstrated expertise in using an integrated channel approach to achieve reach and engagement (including active feedback)