£120 per day
11 months ago
3 - 6 months
The role holder will work as part of the Student Recruitment Events team within External Relations and will lead on the management and effective delivery of specific large scale hybrid (on-campus and online) recruitment events such as Open Days and Offer Holder Days, tailoring them to ensure they meet the needs of key customer segments. They will also plan and manage the university’s attendance at a range of off-campus exhibitions including Undergraduate (UCAS) and Postgraduate recruitment fairs and events. They will manage and support the development and training of a team of student ambassadors to deliver this work.
Reporting into the Events Manager, the successful candidate will have responsibility of leading external events for the university such as UCAS exhibitions, with some support on internal events such as open days. Experience in the higher education field is essential as the ability to hit the ground running and support the wider team is key from day one. The university has a flexible working programme with a likely schedule of 2 – 3 days a week in the East London office, though this can change depending on workload. Longer term, there may also be an expectation for UK travel, with hotel stays and expenses covered during the event period.
- Co-ordinating the planning and delivery of the University’s hybrid (on-campus and online) Open Events, Offer Holder Days and other recruitment events
- Assist with content generation and maintenance of the virtual events platform
- To proactively work with colleagues across the university in the planning, preparation and implementation of recruitment events. This involves liaison with security, catering and facilities through to Student Services, Student Union and Deans of School;
- To work with colleagues in External Relations, Schools and Services to promote and maximise attendance by target audiences at our hybrid recruitment events;
- Maintain a calendar of student recruitment events, manage enquiries, and bookings and work with the CRM team to coordinate pre-event and follow up communications to maximise attendance;
- To operate within set budgets in relation to individual events and the complete programme of events across the year, including maintaining records of expenditure;
- To commission the design and print of signage, displays and promotional materials for the university’s student recruitment events;
- Developing on and offline publications, resources, websites, CRM, e-newsletters and social media channels targeted at prospective students, parents and schools and colleges;
- Using the CRM system to increase events bookings and to increase booked to attendance conversion rates by nurture event comms emails and engaging and relevant content;
- Management for Student Ambassadors at events including initial briefings and management of time sheets etc;
- Take a lead role in the organisation and delivery of the university’s UCAS Exhibition which is be held at the university every year