about 2 years ago
A global organisation based in Bracknell is searching for a change communications manager on an initial nine month contract as they go through a significant business transformation programme.
The change communications manager will play a critical role in engaging employees with the business vision and strategy. They will focus solely on communications support for the ERP implementation programme; this impacts each employee across the globe. Working with the programme team to build, maintain and deliver timely, targeted, creative and effective internal communications which are aligned to deployments plans, responding to feedback and measuring results, the organisation is looking for someone who can take ownership of all tactical level communications for the project.
They will work directly with the programme and workstream managers, advising them on internal change communications best practise, optimising channels as required, developing content and helping them to deliver key messages with real impact.
The primary focus is to activate the existing change comms plan which is integrated into the overall change programme objectives. Tactical implementation will be critical against the comms calendar whilst proactively making additional suggestions to ensure the comms is as effective as possible.
- Lead and deliver all communications for the ERP programme. Take a strategic approach and own tactical delivery
- Build relationships and trust with senior leaders and provide best-practice advice to ensure communications activities are focused on changing behaviours and delivering business outcomes
- Develop compelling change communications outputs and have the expertise and confidence to guide people through the change cycle
- Develop new and imaginative ways of communicating change to colleagues across multiple geographies, cultures and working environments
- Create engaging content (new stories, leader messages, videos etc) and ensure all messages are clear, consistent, easy for colleagues to understand make a compelling case for change.
- Coordinate activities with the rest of the IC team and senior leaders to ensure communications are aligned and messaging is consistent with the corporate narrative.
Knowledge and experience required
- Accomplished Communications Manager with proven experience in Change Communications and supporting business transformation programmes. Experience of leading the communications for a global ERP project or technology change project would be an advantage.
- A proven track record in developing and implementing an internal communications strategy and managing change in a global environment.
- Excellent writer across a variety of channels. Able to flex style and tone for the channel and audience.
- Ensuring the right communication tools are developed to support change initiatives is crucial. You will be able to demonstrate innovative ideas and activities that will engage everyone across the business.
- Excellent spoken communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines / prioritise workload.
VMAGROUP is the leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialists for Marketing, Digital and Communications roles. Specialist practices cover internal communications, external communications, marketing, digital, financial services, investor relations and public affairs.
With a truly global reach, VMAGROUP has offices across the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.