Circa £100,000 plus car allowance and excellent benefits
about 1 year ago
The Head of Government Relations & Public Policy will support the Head of External Communications in managing relationships and communications with key political audiences, stakeholders and relevant decision makers. The focus will be on building a positive environment for the organisation to pursue its strategy and business goals.
- Support Head of External Communications in identifying key Public Policy issues and develop a clear strategy to support the organisations business goals.
- Own the development and implementation of an integrated plan to communicate key messages to appropriate audiences, both internally and externally.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure all communications are consistent and support the organisation’s business objectives.
- Build relationships and proactively liaise with the Public Policy function to help develop positions on key European and global policy issues.
- Lead the Public Policy team to ensure positive working relationships are built and developed with trade and industry bodies to help shape policy and strategy.
Experience should include:
- Financial Sector Knowledge: 10 years’ experience in a Public Policy environment, either in government or Financial Services.
- Leadership: Exceptional leader, capable of setting and delivering strategy, building and managing high performing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Excellent listening and communicating skills. Able to engage and influence a range of different external and internal audiences, including senior executives. The ability to assimilate complex financial and organisational information. Ability to work across teams, developing trust and working effectively with colleagues across boundaries.
- Strong management ability: Possesses energy, pragmatism and efficient enough to handle a high volume and intensity of issues. Ability to manage a number of challenging programmes/issues and priorities simultaneously.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industries supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.