£55,000 - £60,000
almost 2 years ago
Head of Press and PR (Campaigns) for a trade association which sits at the heart of the UK economy, and whose members contribute over £200bn a year.
Reporting to the Director of Policy and Public Affairs and managing a team of 3, you will help execute the external affairs strategy; identify opportunities to promote the sector and it members; lead on industry relevant campaigns; make sure the voice of the sector is heard within the public policy debate.
- Act as a key adviser to the CEO, Director of Policy & Public Affairs and key internal stakeholders on the delivery of messaging to the media
- Develop and implement the organisations PR strategy in conjunction with the policy team and senior management and manage implementation
- Act as a key point of contact between the organisation and the senior press contacts at other stakeholders including government departments, other business organisations and commercial partners
- Build and maintain an industry leading social media presence with which to interact and influence the media online
- Provide crisis management plans and respond to situations that require PR/media guidance as appropriate
- Working with the Director of Policy and Public Affairs, and the Head of Policy on the execution of industry relevant events
- Experience of working in an issues rich, policy and politically charged environment is highly desirable.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.