£50,000 (possible 4 day week)
about 2 years ago
Closing date Friday 14th August
- Report to CEO
- Remote working – 1 day p/week office based, located just outside of Bristol
- Lead Marketing & Communications
A highly respected charity is seeking a senior marketing leader to drive a step-change in public awareness, increasing member engagement through the creation of innovative and effective communications.
Reporting to the CEO and managing a small team, the Head of Marketing and Communications will sit on the leadership team with full responsibility for developing and executing a marketing and communications strategy;
- Management and creative leadership of the brand, and development of information products and services.
- Oversee all PR activities and programmes
- Develop and deliver a digital strategy
- Work with income generation team to deliver a supporter acquisition programme, ensuring the highest standard of quality and compliance in data management
- Champion and lead brand portfolio strategy
- Deliver the annual marketing activity calendar of digital and offline campaigns and activities
- Lead on the creation and development of printed materials for older, less digitally engaged beneficiaries
- Develop and deliver all volunteering, partnership, and supporter communications
- Develop and deliver the charities content strategy
- Management of the press office function. Development and delivery of media relations activity, leading a profile-raising programme of media outreach to reposition the charity as a key voice on the national stage
- Curate relationships with key journalists in the health sector
- Inspire, lead and manage the Marketing and Communications Team, creating a positive and resilient culture
- Lead internal communications strategy, monitoring and promoting levels of employee engagement, helping share information between departments
- Work in partnership with external agencies where appropriate, managing the relationship and delivering to the brief on all design aspects
- Monitor charity sector and communications industry trends, while researching consumer behaviour, to identify new opportunities to engage people.
Successful candidates will be ‘hands-on leaders’ with extensive experience delivering a marketing and communications plan in a consumer or Not for profit environment.
- Deep knowledge of different digital media channels and content formats, with press office oversight
- Experience of leading multi-function teams through change, and supporting behaviour and cultural change
- Experienced line manager, with strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to negotiate, solve problems and agree consensus.
- “Can do”; solutions-focused; keen to measure and prove impact
- Highly organised with strong project management skills, and a creative and entrepreneurial ability to identify and develop new marketing and communications opportunities and partnerships.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to adapt and drive innovation in an operational environment, leading on planning and co-ordination
- Strong understanding of where / how to collate data, good level of analysis and ability to use insight to inform decisions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrable experience of planning, implementing and evaluating successful marketing and communications campaigns
- Strong digital strategy and implementation skills
- Strong media relations skills, experience of working with specialist and national news media
- Sensitivity to political audiences and other key stakeholders such as members of the Royal Family
- A pragmatist with a natural ability to problem-solve, be flexible, diplomatic and assertive with good negotiating and prioritisation skills
- Ability to set measurable objectives, evaluate and continuously improve activity