Competitive; subject to skills and experience plus benefits
3 months ago
A leading global think tank institute on international conflict and geopolitical trends is seeking a Head of Global Communications Engagement. The institute is international in its composition, perspective and reach and provides objective facts and independent analysis for its core audiences in government, the private sector, and the expert and opinion-formed communities. Summits convened by them facilitate intergovernmental consultations, while its research helps companies to understand political risk and its publications shape the international strategic debate.
The institute is seeking a Head of Global Communications Engagement for their London office. Reporting into the Director of Communications Engagement, the successful candidate will manage a team of four with dotted line responsibility for staff in their international offices in Asia, the Middle East, Europe and the USA.
This is a key role in the institute and to be considered applicants must have demonstrable experience in global communication engagement; leading and implementing strategy; providing digital expertise and managing and developing the global communications team.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial approach and be able to take on a wide variety of tasks with tact and efficiency. The position will suit a person with strong intellectual qualifications, an international outlook and an established record of accomplishment in Government, the ‘think tank’ community and/or business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Communications expertise:
- Create and deliver distinct strategies for each of their three target audiences: Expert community; Government; and Business
- Represent the institute externally at the highest level to each of these three audiences
- Implement and coordinate an integrated global approach to the institute’s communications activities, optimising reach and impact for the three key audiences across all the institute’s offices
- Evaluate, using data and other means, the success of strategies undertaken, propose fresh approaches where needed
Provide expertise and keep abreast of emerging digital developments to formulate appropriate strategies in line with the institute’s communications strategy.
- Work with relevant internal stakeholders where necessary to deliver on expansion of digital media channels
- Use data to analyse and measure the institute’s digital communications performance to optimise engagement
- Ensure that the content and outputs on the institute’s website and social media platforms are of the highest quality and consistent with audience reach
Effectively manage the performance of the Communications team across the four domains (digital, expert community, government, business) to ensure that its delivery on the institute’s strategy is sustained and of the highest quality.
- Develop, and upskill where necessary the skills of the Communications team to ensure they meet opportunities that the changing external comms environment present
- Direct, design and oversee the media training provision to meet the wider institute requirements, particularly engaging with researchers
- Tertiary education with demonstrable experience delivered at a senior management level.
- Proven experience of interaction with high level government and business leaders.
- Understanding of the impact of dept work on funding success and ability to contribute to the securing of funds.
- Ability to facilitate interaction between internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and application of digital analytics and measurement.
- Have an existing industry network and be experienced in public speaking
- Experience of international and remote team management and development.
- Budgetary and resource management.
- European languages an advantage, especially German.