almost 2 years ago
The Head of Global Chairman Communications is responsible for developing and executing the strategy and framework for the Global Chairman’s communications and messaging.
This role will work closely with the Chairman’s office and colleagues in the Global Corporate Affairs team to deliver high quality and engaging communications across a range of channels to support the internal and external voice and reputation of our Global Chairman.
Our client is seeking a new Communications leader, who will work closely and constructively with the Global Chairman to devise and drive a creative firm-wide transformation in how he communicates internally and externally. Internally, the firm aims to come up with a global communications strategy and approach, and a crisper way of communicating and delivering its critical messages.
The role acts as ‘a trusted advisor, a message maker and the Global Chairman’s guardian’. Working alongside the Global Chairman, he/she will act as a key link between member firms and global structures to prioritise the Global Chairman’s communications needs at external and internal speaking events and media interviews. The candidate must be credible at the highest level both internally and externally as someone who represents the Global Chairman and understands his needs in any given relevant situation.
A key objective of the Global Chairman is his wish to encourage a more externally focused, market facing. The Global Head of Chairman’s Communications will balance the Global Chairman’s communications priorities with months ahead planning. He/she possesses a global outlook with a strong understanding of economic and political world affairs, combined with a strong appreciation of the way the media views ‘newsworthiness’ and story presentation, both traditional and social media. Have the ability to represent the Global Chairman’s view to international media and to internal stakeholders. Act as an informal ‘brand manager’ with attention on the Global Chairman’s presentation and tone.
Recognizing the importance of social media presence, the Global Head of Chairman’s Communications will develop and manage a dynamic, robust and consistent strategy for producing social content, maximizing the reach of content originating from the Global Chairman, maintaining tonal consistency across all channels and building an understood image and reputation.
In building a widely recognized and understood image and reputation the Global Head of Chairman’s Communications is responsible for supporting the Global Chairman in his communications and message delivery with a political savvy for international events and internal issues. A strong personality who remains calm under intense situations with the ability to divert pressure from the Global Chairman.
- A strong understanding of communications practices, methodologies and trends
- An experienced Corporate Communications leader with experience in corporate and external communications, substantial internal communications, media relations and change management work
- Reputation and issues management experience for a large, high profile, global company
- A strong understanding of traditional media, digital and social platforms
- An excellent writer, thought leader and analyst of global economic, regulatory and political developments
- Demonstrable experience as a speechwriter, writing news and opinion led articles and social and online media
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with public relations experience
- Additional language skills highly desirable
- Significant leadership experience in communications role, demonstrating a breadth of understanding of the corporate affairs agenda
- Experience working in a complex international or diverse cross-cultural environment ideally gained in a professional services firm
- Effective strategic thinker who can communicate complex ideas / issues
- Excellent personal communications skills; ability to synthesize complex information, read audiences, and effectively articulate messages with brevity and impact. Writes and presents with strong executive presence, confidence and gravitas with diplomacy;
- The confidence to say ‘no’ both to the Global Chairman and other stakeholders when prioritizing Global Chairman’s communications workload with so many demands on his time;
- Comfort, poise and professionalism when working constantly under pressure; at ease and relaxed; easy to talk to and get to know; listens attentively; has a positive sense of humour; deals calmly with stress;
- Excellent team builder, motivator and collaborator; works well with other internal teams to achieve communications goals; builds strong working relationships and is adept at reconciling conflicting priorities, especially within a fast paced environment;
- A skilled collaborator with senior partners, who works hard to earn the confidence of the business leaders and be viewed as a strategic business partner, not just a functional expert;
- Can connect the dots within an organization and figure out quickly how to get things done in the context of a new organization; is politically aware and agile;
- A person of high character, who is consistent and acts in line with a clear and visible sets of values and beliefs; is direct and truthful and can keep confidences.
- Comfortable with complexity and finding a new path or solution coupled with strong business acumen
- Strong leadership skills and team and people development skills, role modelling ethical and collaborative working, and able to foster a creative and inclusive working environment