12 months ago
A leading global ‘think tank’ is seeking a Head of Editorial Services for their London office. Reporting into the Policy and Communications Director, the successful candidate will manage a team of 12 that are based at their London and overseas offices. The work of the Institute is important and wide ranging providing objective facts and independent analysis for its core audiences in government, the private sector, and the expert and opinion-forming communities; its research helps companies understand political risk and its publications shape the international strategic debate.
This is a key role in the Institute and to be considered applicants must have demonstrable experience in the publishing industry and with key editorial processes
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial approach and be able to take on a wide variety of tasks with tact and efficiency. The position will suit a person with strong intellectual qualifications, and a keen interest in international affairs.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Conducting daily business with the principal publisher and others as necessary: Ensuring that the publications schedule is adhered to and working to set sales and marketing, pricing, product development and customer service strategies
- Managing the Institute’s publications sales: Refining and implementing plans for marketing and selling publications through their offices, website and via Kindle and other third-party platforms
- Data collation and analysis
- Examining e-commerce opportunities
- Works with the Editorial Manager to ensure that the Editorial Services team delivers content output to the highest quality standards
- Responsible for the Editorial Services department budget.
Background: Familiarity with the publishing industry at a professional level; experience of working at a senior level in a medium-to-large publishing house desirable. Knowledge of the modern editorial skills and processes. Strategic thinker.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Staff management and development experience.
- International management experience
- Project management skills.
- Budgetary/resource management.
- Third party contract management experience.
- Strong networking and relationship building.