Willem de Ruijter
12 months ago
A leading international management consultancy firm with offices all over Europe is looking for a BeLux Head of Communications, based in Brussels.
The Head of Communications will lead the development of a robust external relations program and take care of the necessary related internal communications elements. The most important part of the role is the entire range of external communications activities; including pro-active and re-active reputation management, media relations and media management, and supporting the partners with their requirements, goals and channel selection (including events) and supplying them with outstanding appropriately formatted content.
Working in the BeLux offices, the role reports to the Director of Communications Europe.
- Media and public relations; handle incoming media requests, manage external communications at large and in collaboration with other offices across Europe, coach and support partners.
- Development of a broader strategy, defining content distribution through appropriate channel and event selection in order to enhance thought leadership positioning and company reputation.
- Build and nurture strong relevant relationships.
- Develop and deliver a reputation-building strategy.
- Pro-actively identify, anticipate and mitigate reputational issues.
- Improve awareness and pride of local and companywide priorities and achievements.
Key skills and requirements
- Strong relevant track record.
- A thorough understanding of external channels, including, but not only, business media.
- Well-developed business acumen, the ability to understand high level expertise content.
- Key competencies include organisational sensitivity, planning and organising, stress resistance, the ability to handle multiple projects at the same time and collaborative.
- English language (writing) skills should be at native level; very good Flemish and French language skills are needed as well and at least in one of those languages writing skills are a must.
The offer and application process
This is a unique opportunity to join an international company of name and fame. With the application we would like to receive a salary indication and a motivation letter covering all key skills and requirements. A critical self-assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
Please bear in mind that ‘good English’ is not enough, it needs to be at native level either by birth or by having worked / studied in English speaking countries for a significant period.