almost 2 years ago
Head of Communications
Are you a comms all-rounder with a passion for science and education? Ready to join a world-leading membership body with expertise in publishing, information services, cutting-edge scientific conferences, education and public outreach?
My client is looking for a Head of Communications or a Snr Comms Manager looking to take the next step in their career to shape and oversee media, social media and internal communications.
This internationally renowned and respected organisation offers a challenging and rewarding environment working across some of the most pressing issues of today.
- Develop and deliver communications strategy
- Oversee website, social media and content for all channels
- Manage press office and proactive media relations
- Coordinate and project manage the annual review publication
- Develop outreach and education programmes for a variety of audiences
- Line-management of the Digital Content Officer
- Excellent media relations experience including building relationships with key journalists and influencers
- Proven ability to develop and deliver integrated communications strategy
- Knowledge and experience of working in science communications and scientific research
- Successful delivery of outreach events and campaigns
- Strong digital communications and content generation
- Knowledge and a passion for earth and environmental sciences is highly desirable
- Very strong written and verbal communications with the ability to translate complex information
Closing date - 11 September 2019