Head of Communications
Are you a comms all-rounder with a passion for science and education? Ready to join a world-leading membership body with expertise in publishing, information services, cutting-edge scientific conferences, education and public outreach?
My client is looking for a Head of Communications or a Snr Comms Manager looking to take the next step in their career to shape and oversee media, social media and internal communications.
This internationally renowned and respected organisation offers a challenging and rewarding environment working across some of the most pressing issues of today.
- Develop and deliver communications strategy
- Oversee website, social media and content for all channels
- Manage press office and proactive media relations
- Coordinate and project manage the annual review publication
- Develop outreach and education programmes for a variety of audiences
- Line-management of the Digital Content Officer
- Excellent media relations experience including building relationships with key journalists and influencers
- Proven ability to develop and deliver integrated communications strategy
- Knowledge and experience of working in science communications and scientific research
- Successful delivery of outreach events and campaigns
- Strong digital communications and content generation
- Knowledge and a passion for earth and environmental sciences is highly desirable
- Very strong written and verbal communications with the ability to translate complex information
Closing date - 11 September 2019
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.