Up to £95,000
7 months ago
Are you a Head of Studio or senior Creative Designer with management experience looking for your next challenge?
Are you able to balance brand governance and creativity to meet multiple stakeholder demands?
A leading global bank is looking for a Head of Brand Governance & Design to lead and develop its central branding and design function.
This role is responsible for the overall governance of the bank’s brand and managing the design studio responsible for all of the Group’s brand guidelines; the implementation of those guidelines and ensuring an agile and flexible brand management style to keep up with the changing demands of brand management.
The role will oversee all central branding design projects; sourcing talent, overseeing pipeline and work flows and meticulously planning for all production to ensure a successful delivery. The design studio is responsible for the delivery of exception multimedia creative assets that exemplify the brand and bring our strategy to life and to define our global brand standards and guidelines for all key touchpoints. The brand design team partners and consults with over 60 markets on a daily basis and all agency partners on all brand governance, guidelines, trademarking and IP matters.
- Lead long term design thinking by aligning marketing programme priorities to business priorities, trends and consumer insights
- Provide multi-media design expertise to manage the way the brand is communicated within internal and external communications / assets/ propositions throughout the organization.
- Overseeing the development of all the brand multi-media design guidelines, developing and deploying all Signatures including the Master Brand in multiple language variations, creating brand identity style guidelines, setting out the use of the Brands and house style for all scenarios, across media for both external and internal facing use.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders within the Marketing function and their teams to define and articulate business/proposition design identity and style guidelines, incorporating bilingual variations, tone of voice, photography and digital elements.
- Provide creative direction to all areas of the Group on the use of the brand (from print items, TV advertising, sponsorship, videos, signage, digital, new company acquisitions and rebranding existing companies).
- Continued development of a Global Brand Hub & other brand management systems and its content.
- Provide robust advice and approval process for all business and marketing areas that require the HSBC brand to be used by third parties.
Customers / Stakeholders:
- Develop & manage projects with approvals/sign offs from key stakeholders through the development of all creative & guidelining work.
- Provide strategic guidance on proposition naming development.
- Provide guidance and approvals.
- Act as a trusted Multi-Media Design expertise resource for the Global Head of Brand and the Global Marketing function.
- Work closely with global roster agency partners to ensure stronger alignment of the brand across all propositions & campaigns.
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Support an open, connected and dependable work culture within Global Marketing based on the organisation’s values of respect for people, integrity of actions, creativity and collaboration leading to increased productivity.
- Lead and manage projects, to ensure that they are delivered to a consistent high standard and are on brand.
- Lead, develop and motivate the brand management & design team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team members to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Drive and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and taking prompt action to address any activities and behaviours that are not consistent with the bank’s diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Ensure the most appropriate communication platforms are being developed based on the insight provided by the role holder to achieve communication & business objectives
Key accountabilities include:
- Updating stakeholders on key initiatives and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback.
- Engaging leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Communicating with stakeholders and convince others to support marketing recommendations with business cases and robust strategic rationale.
- Working with limited direction, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Defining the role and evolvement of the brand management team across the organisation to assist in delivering a brand led culture that stays relevant and is fit for the future.
- Partnering with 4 lines of business and develop their business goals into effective design strategies, ensuring that the brand is represented and adherence to brand guidelines
- Attendance at Global Creative Council.
- Oversee the monitoring and remediation of external infringements & ensure processes are agile and fit for purpose.