about 2 years ago
One of the world’s largest investor-owned energy utilities, committed to delivering clean, affordable and reliable energy, is expanding its corporate digital and social media team. Based at their London office this role will report into the Senior Manager, Group Digital and the core focus of the role will be develop and deliver a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
- Develop and deliver a social media strategy and set goals to increase brand awareness and increase engagement
- Identify which social media channels the business should use, removing those no longer required
- Manage all Corporate Affairs social media channels, ensuring the right content is published, that visitor comments and questions are effectively handled and reporting on what is being said about the company or related issues on other social media platforms
- Manage the external digital agency responsible for social media listening and reporting
- Create the policies and guidelines for use of social media, management of channels, and the formatting and style of content to best represent the company’s brand.
- Lead the development of campaigns using social media
- Act as an internal advisor for stakeholders interested in using social media across the business, making policies and guidelines accessible to managers of social media channels across the organisation
- Regularly review and audit every social media channel
- Co-ordinate the network of social media managers across the organisation, sharing best practice and acting as an advisor
- Set strategic goals for each social media channel capturing what the company wants to communicate to each audience and how the performance of each social channel will be measured
- Implement consistent branding and visual ID across all social channels
- Provide input to the entity/regional digital communication strategy and budget
- Proactively manage social media projects, both directly through the Brand & Digital team, and indirectly through outsourced suppliers/agencies
- Explore opportunities to include greater use of existing/new social media channels across the Corporate Affairs strategic plan to enhance campaign effectiveness
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
Key skills required:
- Strong understanding of social media and experienced in using it to add value to multi audience communication campaigns.
- Experience of managing key complex business issues and demonstrable project management experience with minimum guidance and shifting objectives.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing coordinated communications campaigns in a matrix organisation
- Strong communicator with excellent writing abilities.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to assist in the development of key business/policy decisions.
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive presentations to internal and external audiences. Consistently adapts the content / style of a message, based on an understanding of the climate and culture of a particular group and what will produce the best response.
- Understanding and experience of coordinated strategic communications.
- Excellent team player and ability to work closely in a small team.
- Good level of networking, influencing and negotiation skills, with a range of stakeholders at senior levels internally.
- Proven work experience as a social media manager.
- Hands on experience in content management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video).
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics.