3 months ago
A leading energy provider is expanding their corporate comms team and seeking a senior corporate comms manager to help revitalise their external communications strategy, taking a proactive, news-hungry and delivery-focused approach to protecting, promoting and enhancing the company’s reputation. You will report into the Group Head of Corporate Communications and interact with multiple other divisions.
- Proactively identify media opportunities and deliver coverage across broadcast, print and digital
- Develop and manage strong relationships with a broad range of key journalists and editors
- Key media point of contact for corporate news stories
- Shape and deliver media strategy for targeted, integrated campaigns, working closely with the brand and digital team.
- Write and place editorial content, such as speeches, op-eds, LinkedIn blogs, for senior executives. Partner with colleagues in brand and digital, IR and public affairs to deliver first-class content across all platforms.
- Work with the Group Brand and Digital team on engaging with and tracking the views of media, non-political stakeholders including consumer groups and digital/social influencers.
- Proactively manage PR agency relationships
- Identify key spokespeople and ensure they are correctly briefed and media trained
- Provide communications counsel and crisis communications support, participating in CART (Corporate Affairs Response Team) as required.
- Act as a deputy to the Group Head of Corporate Communications as and when appropriate
To be considered for this role, key skills required:
- Excellent communicator with exceptional writing skills
- High energy and high impact individual with strong news judgement and keen political awareness
- Bright, articulate and strategic thinker with proven ability to identify media opportunities and land campaigns
- Strong networking and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships across the Group
- Understanding and experience of coordinated strategic communications
- Excellent team player and ability to work closely in a small team