A leading energy provider is expanding their corporate comms team and seeking a senior corporate comms manager to help revitalise their external communications strategy, taking a proactive, news-hungry and delivery-focused approach to protecting, promoting and enhancing the company’s reputation. You will report into the Group Head of Corporate Communications and interact with multiple other divisions.
- Proactively identify media opportunities and deliver coverage across broadcast, print and digital
- Develop and manage strong relationships with a broad range of key journalists and editors
- Key media point of contact for corporate news stories
- Shape and deliver media strategy for targeted, integrated campaigns, working closely with the brand and digital team.
- Write and place editorial content, such as speeches, op-eds, LinkedIn blogs, for senior executives. Partner with colleagues in brand and digital, IR and public affairs to deliver first-class content across all platforms.
- Work with the Group Brand and Digital team on engaging with and tracking the views of media, non-political stakeholders including consumer groups and digital/social influencers.
- Proactively manage PR agency relationships
- Identify key spokespeople and ensure they are correctly briefed and media trained
- Provide communications counsel and crisis communications support, participating in CART (Corporate Affairs Response Team) as required.
- Act as a deputy to the Group Head of Corporate Communications as and when appropriate
To be considered for this role, key skills required:
- Excellent communicator with exceptional writing skills
- High energy and high impact individual with strong news judgement and keen political awareness
- Bright, articulate and strategic thinker with proven ability to identify media opportunities and land campaigns
- Strong networking and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships across the Group
- Understanding and experience of coordinated strategic communications
- Excellent team player and ability to work closely in a small team
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.